Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am so Blessed

Ever since I was a young child, my mom had always moved us around from place to place, state to state. We never really stayed in one place very long until we moved to Kentucky in 1996. That meant we had to switch schools. My brother, sister and I took a tour of our new school. We really dreaded the school but once the counselor told us that we wouldnt have to start until the next week. We was so excited. The counselor then preceded to tell us that its Kentucky law for ALL kids to get a thourough physical that moved here from another state. I, once again, dreaded going through all this just to go to school. We was updated on everything possible and yes we had a doctor and went when we needed to, so in my mind I thought it was all not worth it!
Well, we went and had our physicals and such. My brothers come back fine. My sisters come back fine. My come back saying that I had a really bad UTI infection. Who would have ever thought I had that! I wasnt feeling any of the symptoms! I went to the doctor and had some more tests done. They came back bad. I was immediately put on some medication. I had to take the medicine with 7up and cranberry juice. I was not to miss a dose and I was to take it every 4 hours for 7 days. I did everything I did. The medicine was supposably a high enough amount to really get the UTI to go away.
I went back to the doctor and had the tests done again. It come back that I still had UTI! I was once again put on some medicine. This time around I just had to take the medicine and not the 7up and cranberry mix. I took it for a week. Went back to the doctor. The UTI wasnt cleared up all the way but it was slowly. I was put on something else. I then went back again and had the test done. Everything was cleared up BUT he preceded to tell me that my levels was so messed up that I would NEVER start my period nor could I ever have kids. ( At this time, I was only 15 and having kids wasnt even on my mind!) The doctor having said that, I left and never thought seriously about what he had told me. I went about going to school and doing what I did on a daily basis.
Two months after turning 17, I started my period! I freaked out and cried hystericaly. I was in so much pain it wasnt funny. I went to the doctor and got checked. He said everything was fine. I went home thinking how the doctor had lied to me about not ever having a period then I wondered if I could ever have kids when the time was right.
Four months after turning 19, I found out I was pregnant. I had mixed emotions. I didnt know to be happy or scared. ( I was mentally and emotionally abused by the soon to be father ) I went straight to a nurse midwife and let her examine me. She said I was fine. From there on out, I saw her at every one of my monthly check ups. She was super good in handling my needs. When it was time for my son to be born, this nurse midwife came in on her day off to deliver my son. ( She was so awesome. I love her to death!) ( There is so much more on how the father had treated me before, during and after my pregnancy but hes not worth talking about so I'll leave it at that. Just know that my son was born healthy and still is healthy to this day!)
Fast forward 4 years and here I am with my daughter. She is 5 months old and very healthy. She was born August 31, 2007. My doctor that delivered her refused to let me have any pain medicine so needless to say, she was born completely natural!! If I was ever to have another one, I will go completely natural again!!

The moral of this post is this: I was told that I could never have children and here I am today, blessed with two healthy children!! I love them both to death and will do anything and everything for them :)

4 comments:

Green & Clean Mom said...

Yeah,me too! I think sometimes that I shouldn't have listened to the doctors but they're the same doctors that helped me have my babies so it all worked out. It makes me sad for those that aren't able to though.

cindyj1982 said...

yeah it is. My ex boyfriend ( my sons bio dad that wants nothing to do with him ) had the guts to ask me to give our son to his sister because she couldnt have kids ( so he sadi. The truth was he didnt want to take care of him and so he hasnt. I couldnt ask for anythign better then my son :) Hes NOT going anywhere!!

Sonya said...

So many men out there don't deserve the chance to even be a father. Bless you and your son. I had all three of my children natural, all delivered by the same midwife, in the shower at the hospital. I am so glad I did it. And like you, I LOVE my midwife. She works out of a doctor's office and handles all my regular gyno check ups as well. She's amazing!!

Princess said...

I agree with you, chrldren really are a blessing, (congratulations on the birth of your daughter too!). After my son was born they said I couldn't have more kids. But after reading your story who knows?